Cars for Coats raises $3 thousand, Dalhart car takes people's choice
The annual Cars for coats Car Show brought in $3,000 the weekend of Aug. 12. More than 50 cars were on exhibit.
The money will be used to purchase coats for children in need in Cimarron County .
The “Peoples Choice” winner was Danny Doyle, of Dalhart , Texas , with a 1970 Plymouth Challenger.
The “Ladies Choice” was brought by Gary Rapport of Uslysses , Kansas with a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442.
The “Hometown Hero” was Chet Wardlaw of Boise City for his 1949 Ford pickup
A special award was given to Lance and Jana Fowler of Boise City .
The top 15 cars were:
1. Angie Milton of Hereford , a 1947 Chevrolet sedan.
2. Doyle's, Challenger.
3. Harvey Milton of Hereford , Texas , with a 1923 T-Bucket.
4. Duane and Barb Williams of Hugoton , Kan. , with a 1964 Chevrolet pickup.
5. John Showers of Ulysses, a 1946 Ford Sedan
6. Larry Schuette, of Boise City , a 1967 Ford Mustang.
7. Ray Damron, a 1983 Honda Tryke.
8. Clayton Jarron, Hugoton , Kan. , a 1966 Corvette.
9. Rapport's Cuttlass
10. Bill and Elaine Kreie, of Uslysses, a 1964 Impala convertible.
11. Wardlaw's Ford pickup.
12. Doug Tombs of Hooker, a 1971 Chevrolet pickup.
13. Jason Eidson, of Guymon, a 1969 Camaro
14. Jerry Tuter, of Stratford , Texas , a 1970 Ford Torino .
15. Walt Cannon, of Amarillo , a 1940 Ford Sedan .
Boise City News