Boise City garage burns after wax ignites

A detached garage in North Central Boise City burned Monday afternoon at about 4:30, after a pot of wax ignited.

The building and its contents were a total loss; there was no estimate of the value at press-time.

The garage, at the home of Bill and Jan Terry at 20 North French St. was the site of a candle factory.

Thick acrid smoke hung over the neighborhood, and slowed traffic on East Main St. as the smoke drifted south.

The Boise City volunteer fire fighters responded and battled the blaze and a water shortage. Water from a tanker kept the fire at bay while hoses were moved a block east to a hydrant.

 

Boise City News
P.O. Box 278
105 W. Main Street
Boise City, Oklahoma 73933-0278
Phone: 580 544-2222
Fax: 580 544-3281
site maintained by Wildsteps.com, Inc.